Lighthouse Thoughts

When is professional help necessary for your baby?

“If you are concerned about your baby’s physical or emotional development, see a developmental pediatrician or other knowledgeable therapist.” Adoptive Families has published the following “signs that you should seek guidance” for your baby if he or she is/has:

  • Overly independent or overly compliant; lack of eye contact
  • Comprehension but no language development
  • Delayed crawling or walking
  • Sudden regression, after normal development
  • Unusual sensitivity to outside stimuli, like loud noises or “itchy” clothing
  • Difficulty sucking or chewing; unwillingness to feed self


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *